Translator

 

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Greetings and Welcome!

Hello parents, guardians, and Discovery Elementary School community members! I am so excited to launch Portable 31's classroom blog. This blog will serve as the primary communication tool to relay the events that occur in our third grade class.

First, I would like to give you a grand tour of the site. Above, you will see speech bubbles that will direct you to the six different pages of the blog. The first bubble says "Home" and will take you to the main page where I will write weekly updates and make announcements. The second bubble, "Classroom Info," features pictures of our class, schedule information, and other important details regarding our class. "Projects," the third bubble, highlights past and present projects that we are working on. The "Resources" bubble lists helpful educational websites for multiple school subjects. The "VIP of the Week" breaks down the "VIP of the Week" project and presents a current schedule informing you of your student's presentation week. Last, the "About Miss Honda" bubble will let you know a little bit more about me.

I will occasionally feature pictures and examples of student work. However, due to district policy, I cannot post pictures of student faces. I will also only use students' first names for privacy and safety purposes. Nevertheless, students will still be able to assist in the making and writing of the blog. More to come on that later!

Finally, please see the translator tool at the top of the page. This tool offers translation in eight different languages. After clicking on your flag of choice, you can copy and paste the URL of the page you would like translated into a box for text translation.

I'm so excited to officially welcome you to an exciting third grade year! Thank you so much for staying posted and updated with the help of this new online facility. I look forward to writing and maintaining communication with guardians, friends, and Discovery family members.


Sincerely,